WATER - DEITIES, BELIEFS AND RITES
Date of event: February 11, 2023
Hybrid training - in person and online
Venue: Sofia, 10 Vihren St
(In the building of "Risk Engineering" AD)
10.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
Water is the fluid of life. Since ancient times our ancestors have associated it with various deities; a number of ritual actions have been performed and are still performed in our strife to change the world around us and within ourselves.
At this gathering we will talk about:
• Healing deities some of which found in Bulgaria such as the god Asclepius and the nymphs, their sanctuaries,
• What are the main rites and beliefs related to the god Asclepius and the nymphs;
• What is the traditional culture in relation to water;
• What are the properties our people attributed to water and where do its various names come from;
• What turns water into silent one, untouched, coloured, and dead one according to Bulgarian customs and beliefs.
Price: BGN 100 per participant
Price for early registration before 20.01.2023 – BGN 80
Package price for 4 lectures by Dr. Georgi Mishev: "Water - deities, beliefs and rites", "Magical rites and rituals – chanting and magical rites", "Healing magic in the Bulgarian traditional culture" and "Nestinary - a preserved ancient tradition" - 300 BGN